We all love things that are a bit mysterious, and even more so people that give out that aura of mystery about them. Think je ne sais quoi. A french way to me of saying elegant and classy. Who wouldn’t want to be mysterious in a pleasant way and most of all, how does one achieve it? Well, that is where our captivating tips on being elegant and classy comes in.
There is just something about elegance and class that makes you stand out, be noticeable, and leaves people in awe.
Elegance is defined as having a graceful and stylish quality in your mannerism, style, and appearance, and Classy is defined as carrying yourself in a sophisticated and stylish manner. As an elegant and classy person, you must have a unique way about yourself that is full of grace, confidence, and simplicity.
Let’s talk about how you can also easily achieve the art of being elegant and classy, and maybe even make it into a lifestyle.
TIPS ON HOW TO LOOK CLASSY AND ELEGANT
How to look Elegant and Classy
Your look is always the first impression, people can tell and easily categorize you just by your appearance, so make sure you do everything with elegance and class starting with your posture, for your posture tells everything about you. When you walk into a room, walk elegantly, and try not to walk in a clumsy or rushed manner, walk with your head up and not looking down, your movement must be fluid and not forced, lift your feet when walking, and do not drag them. Acknowledge the people that are around you either with a greeting, a smile, or a head nod, and when you are sited try to sit up straight, and not in a slouchy position.
How to look Elegant and Classy on a Budget
Looking elegant and classy can be achieved on a budget as long as you are being true to yourself and your style. Be authentic by sticking to what makes you feel good and confident, then polish it up by adding some sophistication and class to it. Learn how to pair your wardrobe by playing with fabric and figuring out what outfit goes well with which pair of shoes, purse, and accessory or what colors and fabrics accentuate your figure.
Once you figure that one out you will be able to shop from your own wardrobe without having to buy a new outfit for every occasion. To make things easy for yourself start by sorting out and rearranging your wardrobe, arrange your clothes by color, fabric, style, and season. This will enable you to easily find what you need and always know where to reach for a certain item. You will only buy new clothes when you really need them, and not when you forget you have something similar in your wardrobe.
How to Dress Elegant and Classy
To begin with, you need to know your personal style when it comes to dressing because trying to follow someone else style will not make you comfortable and that will result in you not having the confidence to pull off that elegant and classy vibe. Whatever your style always find that outfit that will bring the best out of you.
Dress appropriately, and be intentional in your choice of style by going for a simple classic outfit in either solid or neutral, then accessorize it; for example, you may decide to choose that simple black dress from your wardrobe, pair it up with some Stiletto pumps, or ballerina flats (depending on the occasion), nicely tie a scarf around your neck in that Jackie O or Audrey Hepburn style, and take time to style your hair in a neat and fashionable way, either an updo or a pixie.
When it comes to makeup less is more, try to pick either your eyes or the lip, then make the color on that feature pop.
You may decide to have barely there make-up on your face and red lipstick, or adding more vibrancy to the eyes and doing a nude lipstick. This will make your makeup look sophisticated.
When it comes to jewelry, small stud earrings, and a simple classic bracelet, or a nice thin wristwatch is enough, then complete your look with a clutch purse.
Remember, when it comes to looking elegant and classy, less is more, always keep it simple, but sophisticated, do not over accessorize, your outfits should not reveal things like bra straps, belly button, underwear, or panty lines, and your makeup should not be too loud. Find a balance in your look, and make sure you feel beautiful and confident.
When Do You Wear Elegant Clothes?
For the most part you may dress elegantly to work, dinner parties, church, social gatherings, and school, however, when dressing elegant becomes your lifestyle, you will find yourself dressing elegantly to almost anywhere you go.
How Do You Dress Classy Without Looking Old
- Dress your age and your style.
- Don’t wear too many layers.
- If you have a flared bottom, then wear a fitted top.
- Pair your outfit with something fresh and trendy, like a belt, a purse, a pair of boots or a hat.
- Don’t wear heavy make up.
- Wear fitted clothes that are true to size
- Avoid prints and florals unless you know how to wear them well.
How Can I Look Simple And Classy
- Avoid Designs That are Too Busy
- Flashy Fabric Colors
- Rips In Clothing
- Be Minimal With Your Outfit In Terms of Layering and Style
- Wear your outfits in a modest way and avoid showing skin in a derogatory manner.
- Think style and not fashion trends.
What Should Women Do To Look Elegant and Classy With Ease
Try not to look like you are trying too hard at being elegant, make it appear effortless, and this can be achieved by doing less and not overthinking.
How To Act Elegant and Classy
Remember elegance and class is all about your mannerism, your graciousness, and your attitude, so how you put all those things to action matters. You want to be the orderly one who has poise, and a certain quality that makes people want to be around you.
Make people feel special to be in your presence, because of how much regards you show towards them.
The Way You Speak
- When you are talking to people around you always remember to introduce yourself if you have not been introduced by the host, and introduce the person or people that accompanied you.
- Make eye contact when talking to someone, so that they can feel acknowledged, and it also makes them feel like you are actually interested in what they are saying.
- When you are talking, try to speak fluently and pronounce words clearly.
- Do not interrupt someone speaking in the middle of their sentence, because that would be seen as unclassy and rude.
- Do not be loud and do not talk about your personal issues to strangers.
- Be a good listener, and show interest in the conversation.
The Way You Eat
- When seated to eat keep your elbows off the table
- Do not speak with food in your mouth
- Ask someone to pass you the saltshaker, and try not to reach across the table to grab it yourself.
- Don’t use your phone while at the dinner table, and if possible keep it on silent.
- Don’t make ugly gestures, and comments if you don’t like the food.
- Do not put too much food on your plate, instead try a small portion then go for a second serving if you need more.
- Respect people’s personal space.
- Be on time for appointments, don’t make people wait for you, and call to let them know when and why you are running late.
- Always try to offer a helping hand even if it is opening or holding the door for someone.
- Don’t be self-centered, try to put others first.
- Try not to engage in gossip or talking bad about others.
- Respect Older People
- Treat People The Way You Want To Be Treated.
- If you are into social media, be conscious about what you post.
- What you do is a reflection of your character, so avoid scandal.
- Don’t put yourself in compromising situations
- Don’t get involved in drama or squabbles over insignificant issues.
- Be honest and truthful, your integrity matters.
Do Your Research And Educate Yourself
- If you have a special event to attend, try to learn about the event you are attending, dress code, time of arrival, etc.
- Find out about the culture and rules of a place you are not familiar with.
- Don’t rush into situations without a plan or focus
- Visit The Opera
- Visit Museums
- Go To Art Exhibitions
- Go To The Theater
- Go To The Philharmonic
How Do You Define An Elegant And Classy Woman
- Keeps her cool
- Kind and empathetic
- Does not use bad language
- Has humility and dignity
- Is always punctual
- Shows grace
- Responds on time
- Respects herself
- Respects others
- Is very tidy and neat
- Is not loud and obnoxious
Classy Women Quotes
- A girl should be two things – classy and fabulous.”- Coco Chanel
- A truly elegant taste is generally accompanied with excellency of heart – Henry Fielding
- Elegance is the only beauty that never fades – Audrey Hepburn
- The only real elegance is in the mind; If you’ve got that, the rest really comes from it – Diana Vreeland
- Your clothes should be tight enough to show you’re a woman but loose enough to show you’re a lady – Marilyn Monroe.
- I’m not a risk taker. I don’t do plunging necklines or really short skirts. I try to stay as classy as possible and provide a little mystery – Kristen Bell
- I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little – if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny – Coco Chanel
- You create beauty with your attitude, you make an impression with your behavior, you make statements with your elegance & scream out with your actions –Sophia Elemara
- Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication – Leonardo da Vinci
- I know who I am. I am not perfect. I am not the most beautiful woman in the world. But I’m one of them – Mary J. Blige
- My own life has been much more than a fairy tale. I’ve had my share of difficult moments, but whatever difficulties I’ve gone through, I’ve always gotten the prize – Audrey Hepburn
- Being jealous of a beautiful woman is not going to make you more beautiful – Zsa Zsa Gabor
- A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform –Diane Mariechild.
- Elegance is personal, and it’s based upon your goals and needs. Only you can know what choices you need to make to find your elegance, and those choices will change with time and circumstance – Heather Hansen
- There are so many pressures that are put upon young women. Whatever we can do to alleviate that and help women feel beautiful about who we are inside, which is the only beauty there truly is, is so nice. Let’s get down and dirty. Let’s be a real girl – Drew Barrymore
Now that you have the Captivating Tips on how to be elegant and classy go ahead and give them a try.
It will give you a uniqueness about yourself that people will get drawn to and want to know what it is about you that makes you stand out. You may even begin to notice some changes in how you conduct yourself in your everyday life, and how people respond to you. It will almost be like, having your own style trademark.
Just remember that you don’t have to break the bank to live a lifestyle of elegance and class.
There is nothing more elegant and classy than a woman who walks with confidence, and it shows you are worthy, not only to yourself but to everyone around you.
You May Also Like: 51 Unforgettable Regina King Hot Snaps You Will Love