I will share with you 43 bible verses about not giving up and encourage you in your faithfulness. Have you ever felt so discouraged that it seemed impossible to get back up?
Maybe you are going through a difficult trial or have been struggling for a while. You may feel like giving up but never give up.
Sometimes life can feel like a never-ending cycle of ups and downs. But one thing I’ve learned about myself is that no matter what happens, I’m not going to give up on my faith or who God has called me to be!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 tells us
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
This bible verse about not giving up reminds me that it’s OK to have bad days and tough times because I know that with every challenge comes new opportunities.
Bible Verses About Not Giving Up
- And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. – 1 John 4:16
- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. –Galatians 6:9
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:13
- The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. – 2 Peter 3:9
- No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. – 1 Corinthians 10:13
- Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. – Romans 10:17
- The Lord reigns, he is robed in majesty. the Lord is robed in majesty and armed with strength indeed, the world is established, firm and secure. Your throne was established long ago you are from all eternity. – Psalm 93:1-2
- He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” – Revelation 21:5
- Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. – Matthew 7:6
- Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. – Isaiah 64:8
- For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus – 1 Timothy 2:5
- Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord. – Psalm 119:1
- We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. – 2 Peter 1:19
- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. – 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. – Philippians 2:13
- Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. – Psalm 37:7
- So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. – 2 Thessalonians 2:15
- For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love – Ephesians 1:4
Bible Verses For Not Giving Up
- Lift up your heads, O gates. And be lifted up, O doors that last forever. And the King of shining-greatness will come in. – Psalm 24:7
- But you be strong. Do not lose strength of heart. For you will be paid for your work.” – 2 Chronicles 15:7
- I am sure that God Who began the good work in you will keep on working in you until the day Jesus Christ comes again. – Philippians 1:6
- Watch and keep awake! Stand true to the Lord. Keep on acting like men and be strong. – 1 Corinthians 16:13
- Have I not told you? Be strong and have strength of heart! Do not be afraid or lose faith. For the Lord your God is with you anywhere you go.”- Joshua 1:9
- We know that God makes all things work together for the good of those who love Him and are chosen to be a part of His plan. – Romans 8:28
- The man who does not give up when tests come is happy. After the test is over, he will receive the crown of life. God has promised this to those who love Him. – James 1:12
- For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
- But they who wait upon the Lord will get new strength. They will rise up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weak. – Isaiah 40:31
- But as for me, I will always have hope and I will praise You more and more. – Psalm 71:14
- And my God will give you everything you need because of His great riches in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:19
- If you are angry, do not let it become sin. Get over your anger before the day is finished. Do not let the devil start working in your life. – Ephesians 4:26-27
- There is one Lord and one faith and one baptism. There is one God. He is the Father of us all. He is over us all. He is the One working through us all. He is the One living in us all. –Ephesians 4:5-6
- Let us not stay away from church meetings. Some people are doing this all the time. Comfort each other as you see the day of His return coming near. –Hebrews 10:25
Bible Verses On Not Giving Up
- Let your light shine in front of men. Then they will see the good things you do and will honor your Father Who is in heaven. – Matthew 5:16
- Come to Me, all of you who work and have heavy loads. I will give you rest.- Matthew 11:28
- I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. – John 14:27
- Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. – 1 Corinthians 13:7
- Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor. – Proverbs 22:9
- Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.-Ephesians 4:31-32
- Be happy in your hope. Do not give up when trouble comes. Do not let anything stop you from praying. – Romans 12:12
- Give to any person who asks you for something. If a person takes something from you, do not ask for it back. – Luke 6:30
- Every man should give as he is able, as the Lord your God has given to you. – Deuteronomy 16:17
- Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. – 1 John 3:18
- All these many people who have had faith in God are around us like a cloud. Let us put every thing out of our lives that keeps us from doing what we should. Let us keep running in the race that God has planned for us. – Hebrews 12:1
Bible Verses About Not Giving Up Conclusion
Whether you’re looking for encouragement in your business, trying to stay motivated during a difficult time, or need some inspiration as an individual, these Bible verses about not giving up can help.
We understand that life is hard and there will be times when giving up seems like the easier option.
But if we all gave up on our dreams and goals because it was tough at one point along the way then we would never accomplish anything great!